Firefighters responded to a basement fire that was caused after lightening struck a tree next to the house. The call was reported by a girl who was babysitting small children in the house because she claimed that she smelled smoke.
Fire crews responded to the call and found that lightening struck the tree causing an electrical charge to extend to a propane gas line that lead to the residential home. The babysitter already had to children out of the house by the time fire fighters got to the site. The fire was extinguished with moderate damage throughout the house.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a residential fire, contact the Wisconsin residential gas explosion lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® by calling 800-242-2874.