A man suffered second-degree burns Saturday afternoon in Coachella, California after a propane tank in the back of his pickup truck exploded. The man was with his two young sons in the drive-thru at McDonald’s when he heard a hissing sound.
The man tried to stop the leak by turning the valves, but static electricity ignited the fumes and caused an explosion. Firefighters believe high temperatures caused pressure to build up in the tanks, causing the leak.
The pickup truck’s tailgate was propelled into another car before the vehicle became engulfed in flames. Fortunately, the two sons were able to escape unharmed. No customers or employees were injured in the explosion.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident involving a propane tank explosion, contact the propane tank explosion lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. at 800-242-2874